Wednesday, July 16, 2008

the "andrew yang" update

Today I got a surprise email from Andrew Yang - not a common occurrence (about as common as when I receive a letter from Andrew Yang - another story for another time). Luckily for me and my sanity, the email wasn't from myself, but rather from another Andrew Yang out there.

He writes:

I've always been impressed with how many of us there are, but you're the first to embrace that fact. I'm kinda jealous you got the coveted AndrewYang.com domain. So here I am, reaching out for the first time to one of us.

I'm a biomedical engineer, studied in NYC. I work for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviewing medical devices. I'm on my way to getting a professional engineering license, hence the EIT at the end of my name. Oh right, I'm Korean. And... I'm 26.

There's isn't much more to me that I'd be willing to share with a stranger. No picture or website. I just wanted to be cataloged with the rest of your collection of Andrew/Andy Yang profiles.

So I guess just picture this Andrew Yang in your head, looking over the latest medical device to make sure you might ever want to put it in your body, while also curiously searching the web as Andrew Yang's occasionally do - for themselves.

Thanks for being in touch, Andrew - solidarity!


Addendum: Some more Andrew Yang's not included on the original list, but which Google tells me now also have a presence in the webosphere:

the British Columbian dentist

the Hong Kong life insurance agent

the Regional Manager, North China for an international mail outfit

the senior property account for a real estate firm based in LA


5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm thankful with your blog it is very useful to me.

Anonymous said...

Another Andrew Yang! Just found this blog brother! :)

Let me join the club! I'm in New York. Here are some illustrative links as to what I do:

http://www.manhattangmat.com/staff-yang.cfm

http://www.manhattangmat.com/gmat-prep-gmat-instructor-yang.cfm

Yeah! Andrew Yangs everywhere, making the world a better place!!!

All of the best, - Andrew Yang

Andrew Yang said...

I don't know why, but the fact that our names are the same makes me feel closer to all of you :P

Hopefully, there isn't a criminal Andrew Yang out there...

Anonymous said...

You are not a pokemon master.